Sunday, January 11, 2009

Nude Skincare - I Likey!

I went to Sephora with MochiPaPa yesterday. He needed to pick up his favorite Max Complexion Correction Pads by Peter Thomas Roth. He has oily skin and a beauty consultant once said to him that you need to do do this, this, this, this and this after you wash your face in order to keep your skin in a good state. I have bought him many beauty products to try before, but all were left on the counter - untouched. Therefore, I went product hunting and I found these pads by Peter Thomas Roth for him. He has finished 4 jars of these already. He absolutely adores these little pads. Mission accomplished and his skin has improved. Pores are definitely less visible.

Max Complexion Correction Pads

Exclusively formulated to cleanse skin, clear up blackheads, and refine pores, and reduce the appearance of fine lines. It is an advanced botanical formulation creating a unique, clarifying synergistic action to cleanse the skin, clear up active acne blemishes, minimize pore size, eliminate the formation of new blackheads and blemishes, and regulate healthy cell turnover as it delivers proven anti-aging benefits that help reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.

I've also restocked one of my favorite masks, Pumpkin Enzyme Peel by Peter Thomas Roth. This product is very gentle and works great on my skin (face + neck). Although it is a peel, but it doesn't make my skin red or cause any irritation. Just 5 minutes, let it work, then rinse. Most importantly, it smells delicious. I seriously want to eat it every time I use it. Reminder, this product is exclusive at Sephora only.

Pumpkin Enzyme Peel

Utilizing pumpkin enzymes to easily and gently dissolve dead surface skin cells, this deep exfoliator stimulates cellular turnover, to reveal radiant skin that is supple and naturally hydrated. Age-fighting anti-oxidants and vitamin A help protect, nourish, and repair skin.



I have also discovered the Nude Skincare brand at Sephora. It is a stylish skincare with a social conscience, Nude works with the body's biology to deliver naturally beautiful results. Created with biocompatible ingredients that can be effectively utilized by the skin and safely metabolized by the body, Nude's range of skincare works to reduce premature aging, inflammation, and dehydration the same way organic and nutritious foods heal and nourish your body from the inside out. From recyclable packaging to their commitment to sourcing fair trade or community-traded ingredients, Nude makes sure to use organic when possible—leaving behind beautifully balanced, healthy skin the most natural way they know how.
Here is my review on a few of the products by Nude Skincare:

Cleansing Facial Oil
It is a pure and effective detergent-free oil face wash for normal to dry complexions. I removed my eye makeup (eyeshadow, eyeliner and mascara) gently with Rimmel Eye Makeup Remover. Some residues remained because I wanted to test this new cleansing oil. Just 2 pumps of oil and I rubbed it all over my face and neck; then rinsed with water. The oil immediately emulsified and cleaned out all the makeup. It cleans really well and doesn't leave my skin dry (I have dry skin). It's $52 USD, but it is worth the money.

Miracle Mask
I didn't buy this product yet, but tried out the sample. I WILL BUY this product!!!! It exfoliates and stimulates skin for a revitalized complexion. It contains natural alpha hydrosyl acids, which benefit the skin with their light exfoliating and moisturizing properties, reduction of fine lines and wrinkles, skin lightening and firming, and increased collagen production. I heard that many models and celebrities actually use this mask for pre-party/pre-catwalk.

After I washed my face with the cleansing facial oil and patted dry with a towel. I immediately put on this Miracle Mask. It smells alright (organic product, herbs ingredient...you can imagine...), not bad at all; and the texture looks like strawberry jam. You have to spread it on your face quickly; otherwise, it slides down fairly quickly. I left it on my skin for 10 minutes and washed it off with lukewarm water. I couldn't believe it. I saw this sheen on my face and my nose was "glowing" literally!!

Then, as recommended by the beauty consultant, I put on the Replenishing Night Oil.

Replenishing Night Oil
This oil is formulated with an essential blend of omega 3,6,7, and 9 to provide complete nutrition for all skin types. Honestly, I was skeptical about putting oil on my face as a moisturizer, but I did it. Amazingly, it immediately absorbs into my skin and it smells great and natural. I put it on my face and neck and massage gently. I could feel that my skin was silky smooth and the softness lasts all day long. It's equivalent to a spa treatment. I highly recommend it to everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment