Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Happy Hunting

This past weekend was awesome! We celebrated Mother's Day on Saturday instead because mom wanted to go to Dim Sum and didn't want to deal with the crowd. She's really paranoid of the swine flu :) We pretty much spent a day with her, had Dim Sum, shopped and grocery shopped, and then had dinner at home.

Sunday, we finally went to the Rose Bowl Flea Market. I had been wanting to go but he was working 7 days a week, 18 hours a day. The dark age was over early last week, so we were able to enjoy life a bit. Hurray!


It was so hot. My forearms (dark) and upper arms (pale) are in different shades now.


Lots of cameras - a dream come true for avid photographers (or a photographer wannabe, like me)


A dozen of lace for only $18.


My craft/sewing box. Very retro looking. I love it so much!

Honestly, there were so many things that I wanted to take home at the flea market. I will definitely try to go back next month. We also got an art bowl in free form made by desert sand. I forgot to take picture. I will post it later. After walking and walking and walking from 11am -3pm, we went to Old Town Pasadena for lunch (well...late lunch).


We went to Mi Piace. I love the pomodoro from here. By the way, it's a good place for people watching. I witnessed a 12 year old (may be 10) holding a custom made Hermes mini Kelly. Oh my! Anyway, that's about it for Sunday. We were dead tired.

I was away from this blog for quite some time. Here are some highlights during my MIA.
Things I made:
These are up for adoption. If you like any of them, please message me.


My first batch of handmade soap. They were all made from scratch: palm oil, coconut oil, olive oil, lye, water and essential fragrant oil. I can't wait to give them to my friends.

Things I bought:

Paper lace from Nederland.


Velvet ribbons.


Rub-ons.


Clear rubber stamps.

4 comments:

  1. I wish we could have more flea markets in Hong Kong, lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how to make handmade soap by the way?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heart flea markets and farmers markets :-)

    Soapmaking is really easy. All you need to do is mixing the oil, lye+water, fragrant oils or color(if you like) together. Be careful with the lye though, it can be dangerous!
    See this video link for the soapmaking process: http://www.ehow.com/video_4437796_soap-making-supplies-equipment.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, it's kinda interesting^^

    ReplyDelete